Statistics Value Question

zolton5971

I need help with this question! The graph is in the picture below!

A popular, nationwide standardized test taken by high-school juniors and seniors may or may not measure academic potential, but we can nonetheless examine the relationship between scores on this test and performance in college.
We have chosen a random sample of fifteen students just finishing their first year of college, and for each student we've recorded her score on this standardized test (from
NM
to
NM
) and her grade point average (from
NM
to
NM
) for her first year in college. The data are shown below, with
NM
denoting the score on the standardized test and
NM
denoting the first-year college grade point average. A scatter plot of the data is shown in Figure 1. (This part is above the picture below)

The least-squares regression line for these data has a slope of approximately
NM
.Answer the following. Carry your intermediate computations to at least four decimal places, and round your answers as specified below.
What is the value of the y-intercept of the least-squares regression line for these data? Round your answer to at least four decimal places.

What is the value of the sample correlation coefficient for these data? Round your answer to at least three decimal places.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 8.43.41 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 8.43.41 AM.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 3
What regression equation did you obtain for the provided data? ;)

I am not sure which one of these it is! Im having trouble identifying the right one between these three! Least-squares regression line
NM

[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Inference for correlation and regression[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sample correlation coefficient[/FONT]

Have they not taught you how to do regressions? For instance, by plugging the data into Excel or a graphing calculator, and selecting "linear regression"? ;)

I wish! Im taking an online course on statistics and you teach yourself so unfortunately I'm trying to get it by myself! I need all the help I can get! Anything you can help with is appreciated!

I wish! Im taking an online course on statistics and you teach yourself so unfortunately I'm trying to get it by myself! I need all the help I can get! Anything you can help with is appreciated!
I don't know what software or technology you are supposed to use, but there are loads of lessons online for how to use Excel to find linear regression equations. Try studying one or two of them. :wink: