What test should I be using??!?!

joeshomestyle

[h=6]You wish to determine if the concentration of chlorophyll in a species of plant differs based on the amount of sun exposure. You take some measurements and obtain the data given in the Excel file. The plants in Sample 1 are in full shade and the plants in Sample 2 are in full sun.[/h]
Are the samples independent?

-only 12 measurements in each sample
-I know its not a 2-sample t-test

The question is whether or not sample 1 is significantly less than sample 2

You wish to determine if the concentration of chlorophyll in a species of plant differs based on the amount of sun exposure. You take some measurements and obtain the data given in the Excel file. The plants in Sample 1 are in full shade and the plants in Sample 2 are in full sun.

Are the samples independent?

-only 12 measurements in each sample
-I know its not a 2-sample t-test

The question is whether or not sample 1 is significantly less than sample 2
The question should be, IMO, is whether or not sample 1 is significantly different than sample 2. You are asked if they are different, not if sample 1 is less than sample 2. So what makes you think it is not a 2 sample t-test? The number of measurements are the same, there are two samples, a measure of how different the sample sets can be thought of as how different are their means and standard deviations.

The question should be, IMO, is whether or not sample 1 is significantly different than sample 2. You are asked if they are different, not if sample 1 is less than sample 2. So what makes you think it is not a 2 sample t-test? The number of measurements are the same, there are two samples, a measure of how different the sample sets can be thought of as how different are their means and standard deviations.

Becuase the next questions states "what is the correct test" and Re-test using the correct test