Please explain

Countryangel707

A reporter randomly surveyed both season ticket holders and non season ticket holders during a basketball game and asked if they thought it would be fair to raise ticker prices to build a new parking lot for the stadium. the table shoes what proportion of each group said YES. what is the 90% confidence interval for the difference between the percent of all season and non season ticket holders at that game would say it would be fair to raise ticket prices? the table is as follows

Season ticket holders : n= 80 , P(hat) = 42.5%
Non-season ticket holders : n= 50, P(hat) = 24%.

I know that the answer is (5.1,31.9) I'm just not sure how you get that. thanks God bless

A reporter randomly surveyed both season ticket holders and non season ticket holders during a basketball game and asked if they thought it would be fair to raise ticker prices to build a new parking lot for the stadium. the table shoes what proportion of each group said YES. what is the 90% confidence interval for the difference between the percent of all season and non season ticket holders at that game would say it would be fair to raise ticket prices? the table is as follows

Season ticket holders : n= 80 , P(hat) = 42.5%
Non-season ticket holders : n= 50, P(hat) = 24%.

I know that the answer is (5.1,31.9) I'm just not sure how you get that. thanks God bless

Very simply put, when using the t-test you do not know the standard deviation of the underlying statistic. You may have either a one-tailed test or a two-tailed test. The test statistic is different for the two tests. What are your thoughts? What have you done so far? Please show us your work (even if you feel it is wrong) so we may try to help you. You might also read
http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/78006-Read-Before-Posting

If you are stuck at the beginning, you might read a bit about the t-test. IMO,
http://www.chem.utoronto.ca/coursenotes/analsci/stats/ttest.html
has a pretty good introduction and you can also follow up on some of the other links or just do a search