proability and stistics help please?

Countryangel707

1. A postal worker randomly selected packages that were processed at the staffed counter and packages that were processed at the self-serve station and recorded their weights. The table shows the results.

Counter: n=60, X(bar) = 12.9 lbs , s= 2.6 lbs
Self-serve: n=48, X(bar)= 7.6 lbs , s= 1.41 lbs

I know the answer is: There is a 90% probability that packages processed at the counter weight between 4.7 lb and 5.9 lb more than packages processed at the self serve station . My question is how do you get that answer , thanks. God Bless!

1. A postal worker randomly selected packages that were processed at the staffed counter and packages that were processed at the self-serve station and recorded their weights. The table shows the results.

Counter: n=60, X(bar) = 12.9 lbs , s= 2.6 lbs
Self-serve: n=48, X(bar)= 7.6 lbs , s= 1.41 lbs

I know the answer is....
Okay. What was the actual question? (It is not included in your post.)

When you reply with the rest of the exercise, please also include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far (or, if you have no idea how to begin, please specify that you first need lessons so you can study and learn the underlying material).

Thank you! ;)

That is all the question had. I tried to use the formula that is used for this but it didnt come out.

That is all the question had. I tried to use the formula that is used for this but it didnt come out.
If what you posted is the entire exercise (the complete text and the full instructions), then there is no way to get "the" answer, because you are never told what to do with the given information. You were never told to find something, to measure something, to determine something, or anything else. So:

What "formula" did you choose? On what basis? What were you trying to accomplish? Why?