Please prove me wrong???

sensational

The question is,"In a game of 'blotto', two marbles are drawn without replacement from a bag containing 2 red marbles and 3 blue marbles. The player receives $5 for each red marble drawn and $2 for each blue marble drawn.
If the cost to play Blotto is $8 what is probability distribution if the random variable X denotes the profit from a game.

In my own understanding the sample space for above question are (red,red), (blue,blue), (r,b), (b,r)
P(r,r)= 0.1, with a profit of $2 since you pay $8 and win $10.
P(b, b)= 0.3, and a loss by $4
P(b,r) & (r,b) are the same with 0.3, and a loss of $1
So now you can draw the Probability distribution.
X-values are -4 -1 and 2 and their probabilities 0.3, 0.6, and 0.1.:eek:..:)..:D

The question is,"In a game of 'blotto', two marbles are drawn without replacement from a bag containing 2 red marbles and 3 blue marbles. The player receives $5 for each red marble drawn and $2 for each blue marble drawn.
If the cost to play Blotto is $8 what is probability distribution if the random variable X denotes the profit from a game.

In my own understanding the sample space for above question are (red,red), (blue,blue), (r,b), (b,r)
P(r,r)= 0.1, with a profit of $2 since you pay $8 and win $10.
P(b, b)= 0.3, and a loss by $4
P(b,r) & (r,b) are the same with 0.3, and a loss of $1
So now you can draw the Probability distribution.
X-values are -4 -1 and 2 and their probabilities 0.3, 0.6, and 0.1.:eek:..:)..:D

Your outcomes are: \(\displaystyle 2,~-3,~\&~-4\), with \(\displaystyle \mathcal{P}(X=2)=\frac{3}{10},~\mathcal{P}(X=-1)=\frac{6}{10},~\&~\mathcal{P}(X=-4)=\frac{1}{10}\)

Last edited:
Thanks

pka -3 is the outcome and where is it probability, Did you mean it is -1

so if it is
therefore in the Blotto game (regarding the given informations) you have 10% chance to win $2, 30% chance to lose $4 and 60% chance to lose $1.