Probability (chance to get multiple drawings)

LemonDragon

you work at a clothing workshop and on the last day of every month every staff member is able to grab a company package.
a package consists of either 1 of 2 different shirt,1 of 12 different colored pairs of socks, and 1 of 3 different colors of pants. The company gives multiple packages to lucky employees There are 100 employees!
you only have a 5% chance of getting to get 5 packages, 10% to get 4, 45% to get 3, 30% to get 2 and 10% to get 1.

A. You want a specific combination of colors in your package
(this would be 72)

B. how many employees get how many packages?

(5 get 5, 10 get 40, 45 get 3, 30 get 2, 10 get 1)

C. What is the probability of getting your combination this month? (write an equation and calculate this out)

D. what is the probability of getting your combination this year?

E. What would the equation be if you changed the colors of the shirts? (say 35 shirts, 5 different socks and 9 different pants)?

F. Write an equation for any amount of different colors for shirts, socks and pants.

(note: this is a problem I created, if you have questions on clarification please ask me, I am truly trying to find out the answers but only know what I mentioned. and tried to make a problem out of it though the real life situation is actually different. IF you want me to write that, ask me!)

you work at a clothing workshop and on the last day of every month every staff member is able to grab a company package.
a package consists of either 1 of 2 different shirt,1 of 12 different colored pairs of socks, and 1 of 3 different colors of pants. The company gives multiple packages to lucky employees There are 100 employees!
you only have a 5% chance of getting to get 5 packages, 10% to get 4, 45% to get 3, 30% to get 2 and 10% to get 1.

A. You want a specific combination of colors in your package
(this would be 72)

B. how many employees get how many packages?

(5 get 5, 10 get 40, 45 get 3, 30 get 2, 10 get 1)

C. What is the probability of getting your combination this month? (write an equation and calculate this out)

D. what is the probability of getting your combination this year?

E. What would the equation be if you changed the colors of the shirts? (say 35 shirts, 5 different socks and 9 different pants)?

F. Write an equation for any amount of different colors for shirts, socks and pants.

(note: this is a problem I created, if you have questions on clarification please ask me, I am truly trying to find out the answers but only know what I mentioned. and tried to make a problem out of it though the real life situation is actually different. IF you want me to write that, ask me!)

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "
Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting