Simplified Correctly

SpruceMoose

Would anybody be able to tell me if I have simplified this correctly?

f(x)=x(10+2x-3x^2) simplifys as 10x+2x^2-3x^3

Also is it possible to simplify this expression any further?

7+18x/6x

Thanks

Thanks for the reply:

So if I simplify that it becomes 25/6=4.16. Is that going too far in the process and solving rather than simplifying? The problem is I have to simplify the expression then find the derivative at x=3.

Huh? 7 + 18/6 = 7 + 3 = 10.
You need serious classroom help.

Could it be as easy as that? I need to use the simplified expression to find the derivative at x=3 with the simplified expression of 10 the answer would come out as 0 for the 1st 2nd and 3rd derivative. It is making me look too deep for what is obviously a simple answer.

Could it be as easy as that?
That will depend upon your answer to the question posed to you (both here and elsewhere): What, exactly, is the original expression? Is it, as you've posted, 7 + (18x)/(6x), or is it (7 + 18x)/(6x)? Until you are inclined to reply to that, there is no way to know the correct answer.

By the way, neither 4.16 nor 7 + 3x2 could possibly be the correct form, regardless of which is the original expression. Please reply showing your steps and reasoning, so we can help you figure out where things are going so badly wrong. Thank you! ;)