Generating Poisson Random numbers.

faisalbahadur

I am dummy in maths and stats and I have a problem which i need to convert in to Poisson Distribution. I have a performance testing tool that sends requests to a server on a particular rate. I have to input the sequence of rate to the simulator that will then send requests to the server according to my input of sequence. For example if i give the sequence of 10 numbers as 10,20,54,40,55,56,49,90,99,20 to the simulator then simulator will send 10 requests to the server at 1st second then 20 requests in 2nd second and 54 requests in 3rd second and so on. For example the tool sends requests to a server at the rate of 10 requests per second on average. I have only this information i.e. Average requests per second and i need to generate consecutive sequence of requests per second based on poison distribution. For example if 20 is average requests per second then i need 10 poison random numbers that i will give in my sequence to the simulator and simulator will than use that sequence of numbers to send to the server in each second. Is my problem fit for Poisson distribution. How i will solve this problem using Poisson distribution when the only input is average requests per second?Kindly guide me through proper formulas.

I am dummy in maths and stats and I have a problem which i need to convert in to Poisson Distribution. I have a performance testing tool that sends requests to a server on a particular rate. I have to input the sequence of rate to the simulator that will then send requests to the server according to my input of sequence. For example if i give the sequence of 10 numbers as 10,20,54,40,55,56,49,90,99,20 to the simulator then simulator will send 10 requests to the server at 1st second then 20 requests in 2nd second and 54 requests in 3rd second and so on. For example the tool sends requests to a server at the rate of 10 requests per second on average. I have only this information i.e. Average requests per second and i need to generate consecutive sequence of requests per second based on poison distribution. For example if 20 is average requests per second then i need 10 poison random numbers that i will give in my sequence to the simulator and simulator will than use that sequence of numbers to send to the server in each second. Is my problem fit for Poisson distribution. How i will solve this problem using Poisson distribution when the only input is average requests per second?Kindly guide me through proper formulas.
What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "
Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting