Addition Rule for Probability

mnava18

I a little confused on how the 2nd part of this equation works.

P(A)+P(B)-P(A and B)

mainly the part that gets subtracted (P(A and B))
this translates to P(A)*P(B) correct? or is it ok to multiply it out like that? because on some examples ive seen online. if seen this part get multiplied out and sometimes its not (and it doesnt make sense how they got the answer). for example

find the probability that the card you draw from a deck of cards is a Heart or a red king.

using the formula , the answer
13/52+2/52 - 1/52

now here we im confused. how did they come up with 1/52 mathematically? if i multiply it out i get

F(heart and red king) = 13/52*2/52 = 1/104 . which would give us a slightly different answer. I know how they got the 1/52 , obviously theres only 1 card in the deck thats a king of hearts. but is it possible to get this answer by doin the intended multiplication? because i keep getting 1/104 , which when i put into the equation is get = 15/52-1/104=29/104 . but the correct answer is supposed to be 15/52-1/52=7/26. two different answers.

I a little confused on how the 2nd part of this equation works.

P(A)+P(B)-P(A and B)

mainly the part that gets subtracted (P(A and B))
this translates to P(A)*P(B) correct? or is it ok to multiply it out like that? because on some examples ive seen online. if seen this part get multiplied out and sometimes its not (and it doesnt make sense how they got the answer). for example

find the probability that the card you draw from a deck of cards is a Heart or a red king.

using the formula , the answer
13/52+2/52 - 1/52

now here we im confused. how did they come up with 1/52 mathematically? if i multiply it out i get

F(heart and red king) = 13/52*2/52 = 1/104 . which would give us a slightly different answer. I know how they got the 1/52 , obviously theres only 1 card in the deck thats a king of hearts. but is it possible to get this answer by doin the intended multiplication? because i keep getting 1/104 , which when i put into the equation is get = 15/52-1/104=29/104 . but the correct answer is supposed to be 15/52-1/52=7/26. two different answers.

lol i guess maybe somethings wrong with this example i found. cause i asked this to a stats teacher and he had no clue either.