Independence Testin

Enam

Also need some help with quick independence testing of intersections

So P(A) = .378 and P(B) = .692. P(AintersectB)= .26

The problem ask me if the events are independent. I multiplied the two together and got .261576 as an answer. I'm not sure to label it as independent because the intersect doesn't go any decimal places further

Also need some help with quick independence testing of intersections

So P(A) = .378 and P(B) = .692. P(AintersectB)= .26

The problem ask me if the events are independent. I multiplied the two together and got .261576 as an answer. I'm not sure to label it as independent because the intersect doesn't go any decimal places further
What is the rule for determining independence, given the above information? (here)

How does your book handle similar examples? Is rounding taken into account, or do all the decimal places matter? ;)

What is the rule for determining independence, given the above information? (here)

How does your book handle similar examples? Is rounding taken into account, or do all the decimal places matter? ;)

That's what I'm asking for. Is there a general rule for this because this sorts of examples aren't in my books and wondering if there was a general rule where I could believe that they are independent