How many students must be randomly selected to estimate the mean weekly earnings...

misochan

How many students must be randomly selected to estimate the mean weekly earnings of students at one​ college? We want​ 95% confidence that the sample mean is within ​$22
of the population​ mean, and the population standard deviation is known to be ​$1818.

The graph depicts IQ scores of​ adults, and those scores are normally distributed with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15​ (as on the Wechsler​ test).Find the indicated IQ score. Round your answer to nearest tenth.
The shaded area under the curve is 0.10.

I have other problems too, but I didnt want to post a lot on one post :(
Are we able to post the worksheet on the forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
How many students must be randomly selected to estimate the mean weekly earnings of students at one​ college? We want​ 95% confidence that the sample mean is within ​$22
of the population​ mean, and the population standard deviation is known to be ​$1818.

The graph depicts IQ scores of​ adults, and those scores are normally distributed with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15​ (as on the Wechsler​ test).Find the indicated IQ score. Round your answer to nearest tenth.
Are these two separate questions? For the second one, "the graph" didn't transfer with the rest of your copy-n-paste.

For each of these, what are your thoughts? What have you tried? How far have you gotten? Where are you stuck?

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)

of the population​ mean, and the population standard deviation is known to be $1818.

I have other problems too, but I didnt want to post a lot on one post :(
Are we able to post the worksheet on the forum?

Is that correct?!