How to calculate probability that a sample mean falls within a given range?

EVERETTSE

Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me calculator instructions (for a TI-83) to calculate the following question. I have provided the original information (a series of questions related back to this info), and then the specific question which I want to answer:

Almost all medical schools in the United States require students to take the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). The exam is composed of three multiple-choice sections (Physical Sciences, Verbal Reasoning, and Biological Sciences). The score on each section is converted to a 15 point scale so that your total score has a maximum value of 45. The scores follow a Normal distribution and in 2013, the mean was 25.3 with a standard deviation of 6.5.

Question: If the sample consisted of 16 students, w
hat is the probability that the sample mean is greater than 29?

Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me calculator instructions (for a TI-83) to calculate the following question. I have provided the original information (a series of questions related back to this info), and then the specific question which I want to answer:

Almost all medical schools in the United States require students to take the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). The exam is composed of three multiple-choice sections (Physical Sciences, Verbal Reasoning, and Biological Sciences). The score on each section is converted to a 15 point scale so that your total score has a maximum value of 45. The scores follow a Normal distribution and in 2013, the mean was 25.3 with a standard deviation of 6.5.

Question: If the sample consisted of 16 students, w
hat is the probability that the sample mean is greater than 29?

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting