Troublesome word problem

inapickle

Hi, this word problem has me stuck and I've been trying to figure it out for a while. It is as follows:

"It takes 1 person 30 minutes to peel carrots from 1 bag. How long will it take 3 people to peel carrots from 15 bags?"

This is my attempt so far:

30/1 = x/15

30 * 15 = x

450 = x

450/3 = 150 minutes

Is this right? Is there another way of solving this?

Hi, this word problem has me stuck and I've been trying to figure it out for a while. It is as follows:

"It takes 1 person 30 minutes to peel carrots from 1 bag. How long will it take 3 people to peel carrots from 15 bags?"

This is my attempt so far:

30/1 = x/15

30 * 15 = x

450 = x

450/3 = 150 minutes

Is this right? Is there another way of solving this?
As Denis said. It depends on how you want to do it for this problem, either find out how long it will take 1 person to do the 15 bags, then divide by 3 (your way) or find out how long it would take for three people to do one bag, then multiply by 15 (Denis's way).

Reminds me of the old chestnut: If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day in a half, how long does it take one chicken to lay one egg?

Reminds me of the old chestnut: If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day in a half, how long does it take one chicken to lay one egg?
If it takes one woman nine months to give birth to a child, how long would it take nine women? :p