Multiple linear regressions

TopQ

Hello All
I have problem trying to do multiple linear regression to test one single variable against many other variables.
This is the problem:
I have one numerical variable (a) and I want to see if there is any correlation to other variables but I don't know how to do in a batch mode.
I know how to do a one vs one variable and then analyze the data but how do I perform the same operation when I have another 100 variables that I want to test against the original variable (a) I really don't have the time to test (a) vs all the other variable so is there an easier way to do that? What I want at the end is to be able to determine if any of the 100 + variables show any correlation with variable (a)

I do have access to Excel and Minitab as software packages.

Thanks for your help.

Hello All
I have problem trying to do multiple linear regression to test one single variable against many other variables.
This is the problem:
I have one numerical variable (a) and I want to see if there is any correlation to other variables but I don't know how to do in a batch mode.
I know how to do a one vs one variable and then analyze the data but how do I perform the same operation when I have another 100 variables that I want to test against the original variable (a) I really don't have the time to test (a) vs all the other variable so is there an easier way to do that? What I want at the end is to be able to determine if any of the 100 + variables show any correlation with variable (a)

Thanks for your help.
Excel does multivariate analysis
https://www.google.com/search?q=mul...=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=multivariate+analysis+excel
as does Minitab
https://www.google.com/search?q=mul...tf-8&oe=utf-8#q=multivariate+analysis+minitab

Hello All
This is the problem:

Thanks for your help.

Just to expand on the idea, theoretically it doesn't really doesn't make any difference whether the 'next dependence' is x12 [the same variable but squared] or x2 [a brand new variable]. That is whether the 'least squares fit' is to
y=a + b x1 + c x12
or to
y = a + b x1 + c x2.