Best equation / algorithm returning point on graph most significant p-value on one ax

jsmith613

I have a graph with two sets of p-values.
The significance level is p=0.05.
The regions of interest are were ONE value is significant and the other is not.
(the red region = excluded region).

I want to find an algorithm or equation that will give me the point on my graph that is the most significant p-value on one axis and the least significant on the other for all the data points

I have tried measuring the distance to the origin BUT this method does not work when one value is p=0.049 and the other is p=0.999

(the set p=0.049, p=0.999 is clearly less ideal than p=0.025, p=0.7 but using distance to origin, where the origin is p=0.05, p=0.05, it appears to be better)

Graph us attached
Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 2
I have a graph with two sets of p-values.
The significance level is p=0.05.
The regions of interest are were ONE value is significant and the other is not.
(the red region = excluded region).

I want to find an algorithm or equation that will give me the point on my graph that is the most significant p-value on one axis and the least significant on the other for all the data points

I have tried measuring the distance to the origin BUT this method does not work when one value is p=0.049 and the other is p=0.999

(the set p=0.049, p=0.999 is clearly less ideal than p=0.025, p=0.7 but using distance to origin, where the origin is p=0.05, p=0.05, it appears to be better)

Graph us attached
Thanks

No Graph!!?