Four sales representatives for a company are to be chosen to participate in a program

shov2095

Four sales representatives for a company are to be chosen to participate in a training program. The company has eight sales representatives, two in each of four regions.
a) What is the probability that the four sales representatives chosen will come from only two of the four regions, assuming they're chosen at random?
b) What is the probability that the four sales representatives chosen will come from three of the four regions, assuming they're chosen at random?

Four sales representatives for a company are to be chosen to participate in a training program. The company has eight sales representatives, two in each of four regions.
a) What is the probability that the four sales representatives chosen will come from only two of the four regions, assuming they're chosen at random?
b) What is the probability that the four sales representatives chosen will come from three of the four regions, assuming they're chosen at random?

What are your thoughts? What have you done so far? Please show us your work even if you feel that it is wrong so we may try to help you. You might also read
http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/78006-Read-Before-Posting

I'm completely blanking out on this. There are other parts of the sum before this that I can do but I cannot do these two.

Here is a model. Say \(\displaystyle a,a,b,b,c,c,d,d\) represent the reps in the four regions.
Can you expand this \(\displaystyle (1+x+x^2)^4~?\) If you can, then the coefficient of \(\displaystyle x^4\) is the number of ways to select four of those letters. How many of those consist of two pairs of the same letter?

Good luck.