Ratio Help: There are 2 Big Identical Groups, but they are split into 6 groups...

Savage12

Example 1:
There are 2 Big Identical Groups, but they are split into 6 groups (3 and 3) .

Group 1.
Group A (6), Group B (6), Group C (6).

Group 2.
Group A. (6) , Group B(6) , Group C (6).

Group A= 4*1 , 4*2 ... 4*6, Group B = 8*1, 8*2, 8*6, Group C= 12*1, 12*2.... 12*6.
You want to land Group C , 6th option, in both Group 1 and Group 2. It yields the biggest reward. What are the odds you land on C(6) on both groups same time.

In this instance , since Group 1 has a chance of 18 possible outcomes, and group 2 has the same exact 18 chance. would you simply do 18*18=1:324 Chance?

Example 2.
You keep that same 1/2 Groups

But you add 2 more groups that have just 2 chances (these two groups identical
Group 1(2)
Group 2( 2).

So here you want to land (#2) in both groups 1 and 2 at the same time, while landing Group C #6 in both groups from above
2*2*18*18=1:1296? Correct?

Last edited:
Example 1: There are 2 Big Identical Groups, but they are split into 6 groups (3 and 3) .
Do you mean that there are two sets containing matching items, and that each of these sets is split into three sub-sets? Do each of these sub-sets contain matching items, also?

Group 1.
Group A (6), Group B (6), Group C (6).

Group 2.
Group A. (6) , Group B(6) , Group C (6).
Do you mean that each of the original sets is split into sub-sets, each of which contains six items? And that the items in each named sub-set "group" matches the items in the other set's named sub-sets?

In this instance , since Group 1 has a chance of 18 possible outcomes, and group 2 has the same exact 18 chance. would you simply do 18*18=1:324 Chance?
What "chance" of what "outcomes"? What is going on here?

When you reply, please include the full and exact text of the original exercise, the complete instructions, and a clear listing of your thoughts and reasoning so far. Thank you! ;)

Do you mean that there are two sets containing matching items, and that each of these sets is split into three sub-sets? Do each of these sub-sets contain matching items, also?

Do you mean that each of the original sets is split into sub-sets, each of which contains six items? And that the items in each named sub-set "group" matches the items in the other set's named sub-sets?

What "chance" of what "outcomes"? What is going on here?

When you reply, please include the full and exact text of the original exercise, the complete instructions, and a clear listing of your thoughts and reasoning so far. Thank you! ;)

Sorry , I edited my post, maybe now its less confusing. Take a look.

I tried making a reply, but it did not go through. I edited my original post, maybe that clears it up a little?

There are 2 Big Identical Groups, but they are split into 6 groups (3 and 3) .

Group 1: Group A (6), Group B (6), Group C (6).

Group 2: Group A. (6) , Group B(6) , Group C (6).

Group A= 4*1 , 4*2 ... 4*6, Group B = 8*1, 8*2, 8*6, Group C= 12*1, 12*2.... 12*6.
You want to land Group C , 6th option, in both Group 1 and Group 2. It yields the biggest reward. What are the odds you land on C(6) on both groups same time.
What do you mean by "land"? What do you mean by "reward"? Are you playing some sort of game? Do you have some sort of spinners? Do regions on spinners give certain amounts of points? Or what, exactly? What on earth are you talking about?

Please reply with the full and exact text of the exercise, the complete instructions, a detailed description of (or scan of) any required graphical information, and a clear listing of what you are doing. Thank you! ;)