null hyp. H_0: mu=12 rejected for H_1: mu>12 w/ alpha=0.05 if z > ...?

k1529176

Hi, I have problem with this exercise:

The null hypotheses \(\displaystyle \, H_0\, :\, \mu\, =\, 12\, \) will be rejected in favour of the alternative hypothesis \(\displaystyle \, H_1\, :\, \mu\, >\, 12\, \) at the significant level \(\displaystyle \, \alpha\, =\, 0.05\, \) if the test statistic z is greater than:

\(\displaystyle \begin{array}{ll}A&1.2\\.&8\end{array}\)

\(\displaystyle \begin{array}{ll}B&1.9\\.&6\end{array}\)

\(\displaystyle \begin{array}{ll}C&1.6\\.&5\end{array}\)

\(\displaystyle \begin{array}{ll}D&12\\.& \end{array}\)

I know that answer C is correct but I can't figure out why/how, please help, Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I have problem with this exercise:

The null hypotheses \(\displaystyle \, H_0\, :\, \mu\, =\, 12\, \) will be rejected in favour of the alternative hypothesis \(\displaystyle \, H_1\, :\, \mu\, >\, 12\, \) at the significant level \(\displaystyle \, \alpha\, =\, 0.05\, \) if the test statistic z is greater than:

\(\displaystyle \begin{array}{ll}A&1.2\\.&8\end{array}\)

\(\displaystyle \begin{array}{ll}B&1.9\\.&6\end{array}\)

\(\displaystyle \begin{array}{ll}C&1.6\\.&5\end{array}\)

\(\displaystyle \begin{array}{ll}D&12\\.& \end{array}\)

I know that answer C is correct but I can't figure out why/how, please help, Thanks

What are your thoughts? What have you done so far? Please show us your work even if you feel that it is wrong so we may try to help you. You might also read
http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/78006-Read-Before-Posting

Hint: http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/eda/section3/eda3671.htm

EDIT: By the way, one of the ways to get your post ignored is posting it more than once. If it seems to take a little long for someone to answer your post, remember that ALL of the people helping here are volunteers. None are being paid to answer questions, it is just because they enjoy doing so and, for me at least, hoping they just may be providing some help to their 'fellow man'.

Hi, thank you for your respond but I think I got it, I used t-distribution table and normal distribution table and I substract: 2.179-0.51994=1.65906

I didnt post on purpose more than once, I am using Tapatalk app, and it didnt show that it posted, that is why I tried more than once.