Formula for Measured light vs. perceived light

farang

Hi there!

I'm creating a LUA script for dimming the LEDs in my aquarium. But I'm stuck on the math unfortunately... Would You like to help me a bit?

I've got the following formula

\(\displaystyle \mbox{Perceived Light (%): }\, 100\, \times\, \sqrt{\strut \dfrac{\mbox{Measured Light (%)}}{100}\,}\)

For a given value of Perceived light, I want to calculate the Measured Light.

For example: perceived light has the value of 25, how will the equation look like to calculate Measured Light?

I hope my question is understandable. I will need to programmatically translate values of perceived light in the range from 1 to 100 into measured light. First step would be to have a usable equation, then I will try to implement it in a LUA script.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there!

I'm creating a LUA script for dimming the LEDs in my aquarium. But I'm stuck on the math unfortunately... Would You like to help me a bit?

I've got the following formula

\(\displaystyle \mbox{Perceived Light (%): }\, 100\, \times\, \sqrt{\strut \dfrac{\mbox{Measured Light (%)}}{100}\,}\)

For a given value of Perceived light, I want to calculate the Measured Light.

For example: perceived light has the value of 25, how will the equation look like to calculate Measured Light?

I hope my question is understandable. I will need to programmatically translate values of perceived light in the range from 1 to 100 into measured light. First step would be to have a usable equation, then I will try to implement it in a LUA script.

Thanks!!!
\(\displaystyle P=100*\sqrt{\frac{M}{100}}\)

\(\displaystyle \frac{P}{100}=\sqrt{\frac{M}{100}}\)....divide both sides by 100

\(\displaystyle \frac{P^2}{10000}=\frac{M}{100}\).......square both sides

\(\displaystyle M=\frac{P^2}{10000}*100\) .... multiply both sides by 100

\(\displaystyle M = \frac{P^2}{100}\) .... cancel

\(\displaystyle P=100*\sqrt{\frac{M}{100}}\)

\(\displaystyle \frac{P}{100}=\sqrt{\frac{M}{100}}\)....divide both sides by 100

\(\displaystyle \frac{P^2}{10000}=\frac{M}{100}\).......square both sides

\(\displaystyle M=\frac{P^2}{10000}*100\) .... multiply both sides by 100

\(\displaystyle M = \frac{P^2}{100}\) .... cancel

Thank You a million times @Harry_the_cat, I appreciate Your kind help!

Hi. You have nothing to do, how to create tasks? You are cool of course, to turn such an ordinary situation into such a complex mathematical problem. When in my aquarium, has broken backlight I thought give his in repairs, but having examined this aquarium, I understood, that it is too old and decided to buy a new aquarium here arcreef.com. When I bought a new aquarium, I also bought new rocks and corals. Soon after I set up the aquarium, I put my fish in it. Think about whether you need to fix your old aquarium or will be better to buy a new one.