What are the odds? Day 1: 113,805:1, Day 2: 41,815:1 => back to back?

monterrapin

So a little help here please:
I can calculate the odds of the two scenarios on each day, but don't know how to combine them... if that makes sense?
- Odds of this thing happening on Day 1 was 113,805:1
- Odds of this thing happening on Day 2 was 41,815:1

What are the odds these two rare "incidents" occurred on back-to-back days?

Thank you, Al

What are the odds?

So a guy goes out & shoots a 73 on day one of a golf tournament... the odds of this level of golfer doing that is 113,805 to 1.
On day two, he goes out and shoots a 75!! The odds of him doing that are 41,815 to 1.

What are the odds he shoots those two great scores on back-to-back rounds?

Thank you!

I can calculate the odds of the two scenarios on each day, but don't know how to combine them... if that makes sense?

What are the odds these two rare "incidents" occurred on back-to-back days?
Please provide the rest of the information for this exercise. For instance, what information did they give you, on which basis you calculated the odds for each Day? Are you supposed to assume that the events or Days or whatever are independent, or not?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far. Thank you! ;)

Please provide the rest of the information for this exercise. For instance, what information did they give you, on which basis you calculated the odds for each Day? Are you supposed to assume that the events or Days or whatever are independent, or not?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far. Thank you! ;)

Hey, thanks for your reply!
I'm not exactly sure how to answer you stapel.
I'm referring to results from a golf tournament. A guy with a very unlikely high handicap went out & shot back-to-back incredibly awesome rounds.
Rounds I believe are nearly impossible to shoot for his skill level... or the level he claims to play to.
To get those figures I used;
I used the USGA's (golf's governing body) Handicap Differential formula & probability chart... here:
http://www.shorelineseniorsgolfclub.org/USGA_Probability_Score.pdf

Now, I'm just curious to figure the odds of him shooting those scores 2 days in a row. If that is even possible?
Thank you for all your input!

~ Al

is this thread dead?!

Anyone... anyone... Bueller?
Can any of you math wizards answer my question?