mean, median, mode, range and standard deviation

charles00

:p Good Evening,
the number of pairs of shoes owned by 8 college freshman are 1,2,4,4,6,7,8,10. I know how to do the mean, median and mode, I am having difficulty with getting the range and standard deviation.

Same question, if a ninth student, is added to the sample and owns 48 pairs of shoes, Re- compute the statistics.

Which two statistics are least affected by the inclusion of an observation that is far removed from the rest.

For each of the nine students, compute standard scores for the number of shoes he or she owns.

Thank you So much

:p Good Evening,
the number of pairs of shoes owned by 8 college freshman are 1,2,4,4,6,7,8,10. I know how to do the mean, median and mode, I am having difficulty with getting the range and standard deviation.

Same question, if a ninth student, is added to the sample and owns 48 pairs of shoes, Re- compute the statistics.

Which two statistics are least affected by the inclusion of an observation that is far removed from the rest.

For each of the nine students, compute standard scores for the number of shoes he or she owns.

Thank you So much
What is the definition of the range of a sequence of numbers?

What is the definition of the range of a sequence of numbers?

I have acquired the answer for the mean, median, mode, range and standard deviation. The range is also the variance. I am curious with the question, which of the two statistics are least inclusive?

thanks
Sylinda