Need some help with adding probabilities?

Katikat

Hello, I am sorry if this could be considered a somewhat maths illiterate question, but I am just not sure how to go about this, but on a game I am playing, I have 2 weapons, each weapon has multiple draw animations and one of them has 2 reload animations, which are played at random. The first has 2 draws, so 1/2 chance to get one certain animation, and the other has 3 draws, or 1/3 chance to get one certain animation, and the first weapon also has 2 reload animations, so 1/2 chance to get one certain reload animation. My problem is, how would I go about finding the probability to get, in 2 draws and 1 reload, 3 specific animations, so like 1/2, then 1/3, then 1/2 chance, would I add the probability of each animation to occur together and get 1/7? that doesn't seem right :/

Let's consider three simpler examples to hopefully get you thinking in the right direction:

1) Consider a standard deck of playing cards, without jokers. How many cards are there in the deck? How many cards are Spades? What's the probability of drawing a Spade? How did you figure that out?

2) Consider two fair coins, one red and one blue. How many ways can the red coin land? How many ways can the blue coin land? Now how many total outcomes are there? (Hint: It might be helpful to list them off, Red Heads/Blue Heads, Red Heads/Blue Tails, etc.) How many outcomes are there with two heads?

3) Consider a fair coin and a fair six sided dice. How many ways can the coin land? How many numbers can the dice show? Now how many total outcomes are there? (Again, if needed, maybe list them: Heads/1, Heads/2, etc.). How many outcomes are there where you rolled a four?

In all of these exercises, what did you notice? Specifically, how did you determine the total number of outcomes? Are you perhaps seeing a pattern? Once you knew the total number of outcomes and the number of outcomes guaranteeing a specific result, how did you determine the probability of that result happening? Can you see how to apply these principles to your problem?