How many 10-character combinations can be made using 36 characters?

sharikbaig

Hi there,
As we all know, 4 different combinations can be made using 2-digits by using only 0 and 1, i.e. 00, 01, 10, 11.
Can anyone tell how many different combinations can be made using 10-digits by using Alphabets A-Z and numbers 0-9 in all possible sequences. For example, Q3W6V2JY77 OR B5587DCC36

Your example strings seem to indicate that a specific character can be picked more than once, so I'm assuming that's the case. Often times, when dealing with a math problem, I find it easier to start with a simpler case and work up. I'd begin by thinking about how many two letter strings can be made. How many possible characters are there for the first slot? How many for the second? So, how many total? Then maybe consider a three-letter string. How many possible characters are there for the first slot? Is it the same as when you were thinking about a two letter string? Why or why not? How about the second slot, how many possible characters can go there? The third slot? Then, how many total possibilities are there? How did you figure out the answer to these two simpler problems? Are you seeing a pattern? If not, give a four letter string a try. Once you see the pattern, try applying it to a ten letter string.