Stat Homework: basketball player has history of making 75% of foul shots

Justin Kraft

I have missed a few classes, and am lost as to how to complete this problem. I was originally using the binompdf formula in my calculator, but don't know what to plug in for each value.

[FONT=&quot]A basketball player has a history of making 75% of the foul shots taken during games. The player gets two shots at the foul line.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]a. What is the probability that he will miss both of the shots? [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]b. What is the probability that he will make both of the shots?[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I have missed a few classes, and am lost as to how to complete this problem. I was originally using the binompdf formula in my calculator, but don't know what to plug in for each value.

A basketball player has a history of making 75% of the foul shots taken during games. The player gets two shots at the foul line.
a. What is the probability that he will miss both of the shots?
b. What is the probability that he will make both of the shots?
This is a simple enough exercise that you can use a probability tree. Start with the one node, then split off two branches, one with probability 0.75 and the other with probability 0.25. Draw nodes at the ends of the branches, and repeat the process. Then multiply along the appropriate branches, to find the requires probabilities. ;)