Percentage Increase: population was 12,000 in 2010, will be 16,300 in 2015

Verogg

How do I calculate percetage increase as well as the actual quantity of a number whoose increase is not yearly but in five yearly interval

For example,

A population of a place was 12,000 in 2010
and it is projected to be 16,300 in 2015 ( that is five years after)
1. how then can i calculate the percentage increase in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015?
2. Hoow can i find out what the estimated population figure might have been in these years?

Thank you

How do I calculate percetage increase as well as the actual quantity of a number whoose increase is not yearly but in five yearly interval

For example,

1. how then can i calculate the percentage increase in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015?
2. Hoow can i find out what the estimated population figure might have been in these years?
Until they give you more information, such as the type of model they're wanting (exponential growth, linear growth, etc), there is no way to proceed. Please consult your instructor regarding the missing information. Thank you! ;)

Population growth

Until they give you more information, such as the type of model they're wanting (exponential growth, linear growth, etc), there is no way to proceed. Please consult your instructor regarding the missing information. Thank you! ;)

Thank you very much for your response but here are a few concerns

NB: I do not know the model or linear algorithm used by the statistical agency to arrive at that projection. I am simply interested in estimating or maybe I should say extrapolating what the population should be in 2016 to enable me build up some assumptions for a sample survey frame. I am carrying out a social research in the field
I just need some ideas on how to do this statistically

I just want a general idea on how to calculate the percentage increases ( and what this might translate to in actual figures) per year.

So i can use this to do an extrapolation of some sort into 2016. I want to use this to have a rough estimate of what the population may be this year and then find a mean population

Thank you

For example,

Thank you
In 5 years the population increased by 4,300. Assuming linear growth, that is an increase of 860 per year. You can now estimate
the population for each of the 5 years and then calculate the percent increase.

I do not know the model or linear algorithm used by the statistical agency to arrive at that projection. I am simply interested in estimating or maybe I should say extrapolating what the population should be in 2016 to enable me build up some assumptions for a sample survey frame. I am carrying out a social research in the field I just need some ideas on how to do this statistically. I just want a general idea on how to calculate the percentage increases ( and what this might translate to in actual figures) per year.
You can't extrapolate (or interpolate) until you have a model. You can't have a model until you decide what sort of model you want. There is no way to know, from only two data points, what model was originally used. You'll have to make a choice, and then do the necessary regression. ;)