probability question from the Chronicles of Contrived Statistics (March, 2016)

jmasta

I am taking an exam prep for my final next week and I am completely drawing a blank on how to attack this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

According to the Chronicles of Contrived Statistics (March, 2016), the probability that Elon Musk will offer you a free trip into space in the next month is 25%. The probability that either Elon Musk will offer you a free trip to space or that scientists will begin sales of pet aliens next month is 48%. Finally, they list that probability of both happening in the next month is 35%. What is the probability that Elon Musk will offer you a free trip into space in the next month?

According to the Chronicles of Contrived Statistics (March, 2016), the probability that Elon Musk will offer you a free trip into space in the next month is 25%. The probability that either Elon Musk will offer you a free trip to space or that scientists will begin sales of pet aliens next month is 48%. Finally, they list that probability of both happening in the next month is 35%. What is the probability that Elon Musk will offer you a free trip into space in the next month?
\(\displaystyle \mathcal{P}(A\cup B)=\mathcal{P}(A)+\mathcal{P}(B)-\mathcal{P}(A\cap B)\)

Let \(\displaystyle A\) stand for "space trip"
Let \(\displaystyle B\) stand for "pet alian"

Please excuse my ignorance, this is a remedial class and I have struggled from the off. If I am understanding this correctly, this would be 25%+48%-35%?

I get the feeling I am way off though.

Please excuse my ignorance, this is a remedial class and I have struggled from the off. If I am understanding this correctly, this would be 25%+48%-35%?

I get the feeling I am way off though.
\(\displaystyle .48=.25+\mathcal{P}(B)-.35\). Solve!