Combinatorics question, group 62 people into 3 smaller groups, and visit restaurants

Pulse

I'm not sure if this is the correct subforum to post this question to, but I would really like some help with this combinatorics/distribution question:

I am trying to understand whether it is possible to group 62 people into 3 groups with some requirements:
Group A is 10 people
Group B 26
Group C 26
Every day 62 people will go out for dinner. But it will be in these 3 different groups. And they will go to different restaurants. These groups will go to dinner 6 times in total, and there is a list of 6 different restaurants any group can choose to go to.
The requirements, and I would like to see whether this is possible are as follows:

1. Can we ensure that 60 people (out of the whole 62) will join group A for dinner at least once? I am aware that this would mean that it must be 10 completely different people each night on that group.
  2. Also ensure that everyone can visit all 6 restaurants?
  3. Ensure that groups do not repeat? (If even one person is different in a group, then that's fine)

I'm not sure if this is the correct subforum to post this question to, but I would really like some help with this combinatorics/distribution question:

I am trying to understand whether it is possible to group 62 people into 3 groups with some requirements:
Group A is 10 people
Group B 26
Group C 26
Every day 62 people will go out for dinner. But it will be in these 3 different groups. And they will go to different restaurants. These groups will go to dinner 6 times in total, and there is a list of 6 different restaurants any group can choose to go to.
The requirements, and I would like to see whether this is possible are as follows:

1. Can we ensure that 60 people (out of the whole 62) will join group A for dinner at least once? I am aware that this would mean that it must be 10 completely different people each night on that group.
  2. Also ensure that everyone can visit all 6 restaurants?
  3. Ensure that groups do not repeat? (If even one person is different in a group, then that's fine)
What have you tried? Why do you think it is possible or not possible. Please post your work so that you can be guided to the answer you desire.

What have you tried? Why do you think it is possible or not possible. Please post your work so that you can be guided to the answer you desire.

I'm sorry, I'm new to this forum and didn't know that it followed this route (meaning you show what you have tried). I was looking for an answer to a real world problem with the company I work with actually, and see whether these things are possible. I wasn't looking to try and solve this myself honestly, only looking for some help with this.

Because the problem is I don't have the background in combinatorics in order to have the necessary tools to try and solve this myself.

Last edited: