Vectors Help

Gussy

Hi guys. I am in the hardest maths class at my school and I have stumbled upon a pretty difficult problem with vectors. Basically, it is asking me to find the point of intersection using the vector coordinates of 2i + 4j + 6k, but I dont know how to approach this question. Any pointers would be great, and Im not necessarily asking for answers because I want to do it by myself. Thanks!

Hello. It seems like you left out some information. The instruction says, "… explain how it finds …", but what is it? Does that preceeding information appear before the information in the image you posted?

Also, some vector components have been provided, but they are labeled as coordinates. This could imply that vector 2i+4j+6k is a 'position vector' (i.e., its tail is at the Origin and its head is at the ray gun). Do any of your materials specify that? Lastly, there isn't any information about the hostile object's location or its trajectory.

Maybe you are required to create the specifics of this scenario yourself (if a worked example has not been provided). Either way, have you tried anything, yet? We'd like to see your work in progress.

What's up with the birthday cake? heh

Please check the forum's submission guidelines, and be sure to quote the entire exericse for us. Thank you! ?

Edited: Reworded paragraph about given vector, and I'm just really curious about that birthday cake.

Last edited:
Hi, so I made a new question as I thought I figured it out earlier.
The entire question is basically a made-up scenario involving Star Trek, with the birthday cake representing some type of matter that the ray gun can turn objects into. There are no other indications for what is needed to solve the question.