Geometry HW problem

OPJT24

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 8.50.23 AM.png
I've been trying to do this problem for my hw and I can't solve it. I tried making everything a iso triangle and filling the sides like that. How would you solve this problem?

View attachment 25357
I've been trying to do this problem for my hw and I can't solve it. I tried making everything a iso triangle and filling the sides like that. How would you solve this problem?
I would followed the same method to do the problem. If you want us catch your mistake you need to share your detailed work.

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

I would followed the same method to do the problem. If you want us catch your mistake you need to share your detailed work.

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.
image.jpg
I got x on the bottom for all sides. So I did the thm where the ratio of areas of a similar triangle is equal to the ratio of their sides squared. I ended up with 1/9

View attachment 25358
I got x on the bottom for all sides. So I did the thm where the ratio of areas of a similar triangle is equal to the ratio of their sides squared. I ended up with 1/9

On what grounds did you mark AE as x+x+x? Those are not all equal. They don't even look that way in the original picture.

Label more sides (vertical, in particular) to find what that third "x" really is.