double integral of (X^2)/4 -(y^2)/16 over non rectangular region (x^2)/4 +(y^2)/16 <1

hansel27

double integral of (X^2)/4 -(y^2)/16 over non rectangular region (x^2)/4 +(y^2)/16 <1

I am trying to calculate the integral of this function (X^2)/4 -(y^2)/16 over the region (x^2)/4 +(y^2)/16 <1.
This function represents the surface of a Pringles chip that I am studying the properties of.

I know about how Riemann sums describing double integrals work, but I don't know how to integrate over non-rectangular regions. I heard someone talking about a "slab method".

problems:
1. how do I set the limits of the integrals to correspond with the region.(if I use double integrals)

2. how does the process work if I use Riemann sums to approximate the area.

thanx for any help :)

I am trying to calculate the integral of this function (X^2)/4 -(y^2)/16 over the region (x^2)/4 +(y^2)/16 <1.
This function represents the surface of a Pringles chip that I am studying the properties of.

I know about how Riemann sums describing double integrals work, but I don't know how to integrate over non-rectangular regions. I heard someone talking about a "slab method".

problems:
1. how do I set the limits of the integrals to correspond with the region.(if I use double integrals)

2. how does the process work if I use Riemann sums to approximate the area.

thanx for any help :)
I'll convert to system (instead of rectangular system).