Finding interval for regula falsi method for equation "x - e^-x"

mymath007

What could be the best interval with regula falsi method for equation "x - e^-x" from attached graph ?
Can anyone help ?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.1 KB · Views: 0
Pick one on each side. Do we need more care than that?

Pick one on each side. Do we need more care than that?
I picked (-4, 4), (-4, 2), (-1, 1), (-1, 2)
but it doesn't gives solution.

Actually here minimum iterations are required to find root. This is what to care about.

What could be the best interval with regula falsi method for equation "x - e^-x"...?
The quoted portion is just an expression. Is the "function" meant to be "f(x) = x - e-x"? And you're trying to find the x-intercept numerically? I think that's what is indicated in the graph....

What do you mean by "the best interval"? Are you given a list of answer-options, and you're expected to pick the best one of those listed? (I mean, any interval that eventually iterates to a solution is a "good" interval, right?)

I picked (-4, 4), (-4, 2), (-1, 1), (-1, 2) but it doesn't gives solution.
What do you mean by "it"? You seem to have "picked" four intervals, rather than one. What did you do with these? On what basis have you determined that "it" ("they"?) fail(s) to lead to the solution?

Actually here minimum iterations are required to find root. This is what to care about.
I'm sorry, but I don't know what this means...? Please reply with clarification, along with a clear listing of your steps and results so far. Thank you! ;)

I picked (-4, 4), (-4, 2), (-1, 1), (-1, 2)
but it doesn't gives solution.

They all give a solution. Please show your work with just ONE of the intervals.