Thread: Need help finding the right formula

Need help finding the right formula

So im not very good at geometry and I need to find a formula to find the angles that can be seen in the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cod8smith View Post
    So im not very good at geometry and I need to find a formula to find the angles that can be seen in the picture.

Calculate the lengths of the sides a, b & c. Then use laws of cosines and sines to calculate the angles
    “... mathematics is only the art of saying the same thing in different words” - B. Russell

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cod8smith View Post
    WHY do you need to calculate those angles?
    Classroom assignment?
    I'm just an imagination of your figment !

well its for a program I am working on that calculates stl files. They contain these coordinates and I would like a formula so the output would be the requested angles. But long formulas confuse me :/

Under here is a picture I made saying the formulas that will gather the data by using the length of the sides (instead of the coordinates) can you put this into a single formula (for alpha 1/2 beta and gamma) so I can implement this in the code, using the coordinates xyz as a the only given value for the triangle?

It might be simple, but i'm not great at maths
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cod8smith; 03-01-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Elite Member
    If the 3 sides are given, then easy; go learn:
    https://www.mathsisfun.com/algebra/t...triangles.html
    I'm just an imagination of your figment !

What you are asking me to do is what I already did in the picture above, however the sides are not given, the coordinates are. I need a sum-up of the total formula to implement in the code for the program.
    Last edited by cod8smith; 03-01-2017 at 10:59 AM.