Calculus Question

djcoates97

Hi there,

I have been given the following question to complete. Not sure where to start. I appreciate any help.

Kind Regards,
Daniel :)

At timet = 0, a package of food at temperature -6 C is taken from the freezer. At time t thetemperature of the package is increasing at the rate of8e^-0.3t Cper hour. Find the temperature ofthe package 3 hours after taking it from the freezer.

Hi there,

I have been given the following question to complete. Not sure where to start. I appreciate any help.

Kind Regards,
Daniel :)

At timet = 0, a package of food at temperature -6 C is taken from the freezer. At time t the temperature of the package is increasing at the rate of8e^-0.3t Cper hour. Find the temperature ofthe package 3 hours after taking it from the freezer.

The governing ODE:

\(\displaystyle \dfrac{dT}{dt} \ = \ 8 * e^{-0.3*t}\)

Initial condition T(0) = -6 °C

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33

Last edited by a moderator:
The governing ODE:

\(\displaystyle \dfrac{dT}{dt} \ = \ 8 * e^{-0.3*t}\)

Initial condition T(0) = -6 °C

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33

Hi Subhotosh,

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking that you could integrate it to become int.jpg

I tried integrating and gaining the constant (K) as seen in the image below. However I do not believe this is right as the temperature surely cant go down after being taken out of the freezer for 3 hours.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Daniel

int1.jpg

Attachments

• isla maccy.PNG
    isla maccy.PNG
    65.8 KB · Views: 2