Sunrise / Sunset times translated to degrees

jameswest

Hi I am so frustrated I can't work this out.. it has been a while since I've done much math.

I have a start time (sunrise) and an end time (sunset).

I have an arm that needs to move between 0 and 180 degrees as the time elapses throughout the day to represent the sun moving through the sky.

Say for example the total time between sunrise and sunset is 720 mins

I need to calculate how many degrees I need to move every minute to make the arm sweep between 0 and 180 degrees so that at 720 mins it has moved fully from 0 - 180 degrees.

I thought it would be something like get the mins elapsed since sunrise and the mins remaining until sunset and then doing something to reduce them between 0 and 180 with division.

Sorry I'd appreciate some help :)

Hi I am so frustrated I can't work this out.. it has been a while since I've done much math.

I have a start time (sunrise) and an end time (sunset).

I have an arm that needs to move between 0 and 180 degrees as the time elapses throughout the day to represent the sun moving through the sky.

Say for example the total time between sunrise and sunset is 720 mins

I need to calculate how many degrees I need to move every minute to make the arm sweep between 0 and 180 degrees so that at 720 mins it has moved fully from 0 - 180 degrees.

I thought it would be something like get the mins elapsed since sunrise and the mins remaining until sunset and then doing something to reduce them between 0 and 180 with division.
If all you need is a number o9f degrees per minute, can't you just divide the number of degrees by the number of minutes? ;)

If all you need is a number o9f degrees per minute, can't you just divide the number of degrees by the number of minutes? ;)

Haha I am so sorry.. Zero coffee and about 2 hours sleep and I was trying to figure out offsets etc.. I realised I only need to calculate offsets later

I.e. say the time of day is midday I need to calc the num minutes since sunrise × degrees per min.. Haha oh dear.. I totally wasted your time