How to solve this complex rational expressions

Shkelqim12

\(\displaystyle 3\, -\, \cfrac{1}{2\, +\, \cfrac{3}{4\, +\, \dfrac{1}{5}}}\, =\)

Anyone knows how to solve this rational expressions and if you do could you please explain the steps involved in solving it

Attachments

• rational exp.png
    rational exp.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:
\(\displaystyle 3\, -\, \cfrac{1}{2\, +\, \cfrac{3}{4\, +\, \dfrac{1}{5}}}\, =\)

Anyone knows how to solve this rational expressions and if you do could you please explain the steps involved in solving it
Since this is not an equation (there being no variable and nothing on the other side of the "equals" sign), there is nothing to "solve". If the instructions said to "solve", then please get the rest of the information from the instructor.

If, on the other hand, the instructions said to "simplify" or "evaluate" (things which can be done with expressions), then please reply showing where you are stuck. You converted the 4 and the 1/5 to a common denominator, added, and simplified. Then you converted the 3/(result of simplification) into (3/1)*(reciprocal of simplification), and simplified. And so forth.

At what point in the arithmetic are you getting stuck? Please be complete. Thank you! ;)

I simplified 4 + 1/5 to 21/5 but the numbers in front of the fraction bar the : 3- , 2 are tricking me what should i do with them ?
Substitute your result for 4+1/5, and you will have the next step:

2 + 3 / (21/5)

Then substitute your next result, and finish the last step. :cool:

I made it guys the result is 50/19.Huh it was a lot easier than i though, thank you so much guys!