Suppose a mass of 2kg is attached to a spring where the constant is 10 N/m....

Lunideth

Hey.

I have math problem i cant solve and i was hoping that someone here could do it. Heres problem:

Suppose a mass of 2kg is attached to a spring where the constant is 10 N/m. Suppose the mass is suspended in a liquid that provides damping equal to 4 times the instantaneous velocity, and that a force F(t)=e^-t+cos2t is applied instantaneously to the system at t=0. Solve the corresponding differential equation: mx''+Bx'+kx=F(t), subject to the mass being at the equilibrium position initially with an initial downward velocity of 1 m/s.

Hey.

I have math problem i cant solve and i was hoping that someone here could do it. Heres problem:

Suppose a mass of 2kg is attached to a spring where the constant is 10 N/m. Suppose the mass is suspended in a liquid that provides damping equal to 4 times the instantaneous velocity, and that a force F(t)=e^-t+cos2t is applied instantaneously to the system at t=0. Solve the corresponding differential equation: mx''+Bx'+kx=F(t), subject to the mass being at the equilibrium position initially with an initial downward velocity of 1 m/s.
What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33

My friend who studies advanced math had a bet with me. I said that i can find any solution to math problems with internet. Friend said that its impossible to find math solutions via internet and that you are supposed to study and solve them yourself. I dont remember equations or any other stuffs about math and i really just need a solution to show my friend that it is possible to solve math problems with internet help.

...i really just need a solution to show my friend that it is possible to solve math problems with internet help.
Okay, here's a math problem on the Internet:

Solve for x: (x+8)/4 = 5/2

Here's the answer:

x = 2

When you joined this site, you agreed to follow the guidelines. If you expect us to "just" provide a solution to your posted exercise, then you're at the wrong site. :cool: