Can anyone walk me through these?

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to do some math homework and I've come across a couple problems that have stumped me particularly.. This chapter isn't making much sense to me.
If anyone can help, or knows how to do these, I'd be greatly appreciative.

1) Determine whether each of the following is a continuous, discrete, or geometric random variable.

The number of times you get heads if you toss a coin 100 times.

The height of a building, measured in meters.

The number of times you roll a pair of die until you get "snake eyes" (double ones).

2) You know that 45% of the students at your school own Xboxes. Suppose you stop random students as they enter school and ask whether they own an Xbox. What is the probability that the first student you ask owns an Xbox?
Your answer should be a decimal rounded to two decimal places, not changed to a percent.

3) You know that 45% of the students at your school own Xboxes. Suppose you stop random students as they enter school and ask whether they own an Xbox. What is the probability that the first student to have an Xbox is the fourth student?
Your answer should be a decimal rounded to two decimal places, not changed to a percent.
Think carefully about how this is different from the previous problem!

4) To support the wiffle ball program at your school the wiffle ball boosters are having a raffle. They plan to offer the following prizes:

1 Grand prize of $500

5 second place prizes of $50

10 Third place prizes of $25

1,000 people enter the raffle. Let X = dollar amount won.

If you buy one ticket, what is the probability you win each of the prize amounts? Show some work to support your answer. Assume tickets are drawn with replacement (they draw a ticket, award the prize, and put the ticket back).

5) (Continued) What are your expected winnings from this raffle? Write your answer rounded to the nearest cent (dollar.cent).

6) (Continued) Using your answer to the previous question and sound statistical reasoning, is it worth your while to enter this raffle if tickets cost $5 each? Be sure to show or explain your reasoning.

When you joined this site, you agreed to follow the guidelines. It seems like you skipped over them. Please read the guidelines HERE.

Thank you for your cooperation.