How can I figure out what size shipping box I need based on multiple small boxes?

olimits7

Is there a math formula I can use to provide a guideline of what length x width x height box I would need to buy based on smaller individual boxes that I want to put inside this larger box?

For example, if I have the following box dimensions; what large box size would I need to buy to fit these packages inside it?

• Box # 1: 15 x 10 x 5
  • Box # 2: 10 x 8 x 3
  • Box # 3: 5 x 3 x 2
  • Box # 4: 11 x 9 x 8

Thank you!

Is there a math formula I can use to provide a guideline of what length x width x height box I would need to buy based on smaller individual boxes that I want to put inside this larger box?

For example, if I have the following box dimensions; what large box size would I need to buy to fit these packages inside it?

• Box # 1: 15 x 10 x 5
  • Box # 2: 10 x 8 x 3
  • Box # 3: 5 x 3 x 2
  • Box # 4: 11 x 9 x 8
The dimensions of the larger box will likely depend upon the numbers of each of the smaller boxes intended to ship together. Also, it may depend upon the sizes of larger boxes available, and at what cost.

Please reply with the full and exact text of the exercise, the complete instructions, and any additional information, such as a graphic or a table. When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far, along with recent topics of study. For instance, how did you conclude that this "packing" (geometry) or "optimization" (advanced math) exercise uses only "Arithmetic"? What course of study generated this homework problem?

Thank you! ;)