Circle and square geometry/calculus problem

Ekku231

The center of a circle is at one of the corners of a square with a sidelenght S. How big is the circle radius (compared to the sidelenght S) so that the circle will cover 90% of the squares area?

Please help me someone :)

Last edited:
A circle is drawn with its center at a corner of a square with a sidelenght S. How big is the circle radius (compared to S) so that the circle will cover 90% of the squares area?

I think i have found the right equation for this but i might be missing another equation because the one i have found has too many variables (exluding S) can someone help me?

A circle is drawn with its center at a corner of a square with a sidelenght S. How big is the circle radius (compared to S) so that the circle will cover 90% of the squares area?

I think i have found the right equation for this but i might be missing another equation because the one i have found has too many variables (exluding S) can someone help me?
Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to check work which we cannot see. Please reply showing your "right equation" and the steps you took to arrive at this equation.

Thank you! ;)