Discrete math combinatorics: 70 people on turnament were shothing 5 times...

h0wling

Hello i look for help in solving few exercises, sorry if maybe they would be hard to understand but i translate them to english :)

1. 70 people on turnament were shothing 5 times to shield with number form 1 to 5, there was no missed shots, show that at least 4 of them got the same score. Is it possible to show if there would be also missed shots included ?

2. 25 kids got 2 scoops of icream of 2 diffrent [FONT=Roboto, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]flavors [/FONT]from 4 possible flavors. Show that at least 5 kids got ice creams of the same flavor .

Hello i look for help in solving few exercises, sorry if maybe they would be hard to understand but i translate them to english :)

1. 70 people on turnament were shothing 5 times to shield with number form 1 to 5, there was no missed shots, show that at least 4 of them got the same score. Is it possible to show if there would be also missed shots included ?

2. 25 kids got 2 scoops of icream of 2 diffrent flavors from 4 possible flavors. Show that at least 5 kids got ice creams of the same flavor .
What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33

You've also posted this exact same problem on the Askmath subreddit (link), and showed no work of your own in either place. The two commenters there suggested you look up the "pigeonhole principle." Did you try following that advice? Where does that lead you? If you're having trouble finding resources, you might try this page or this other page.