Selling the note before its maturity: Ramli decides to sell away his car....

lyk14

Ramli decides to sell away his car. He accepts a 250-day note of RM9000 at 10% simple interest as payment. After 90 days, he realises he needs money and sells the note to a friend for RM9100. What annual interest rate will his friend receive? Including explanation please, I've been struggling to solve this but I really dont know how :(:(

Ramli decides to sell away his car. He accepts a 250-day note of RM9000 at 10% simple interest as payment. After 90 days, he realises he needs money and sells the note to a friend for RM9100. What annual interest rate will his friend receive? Including explanation please, I've been struggling to solve this but I really dont know how :(:(
What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33

Ramli decides to sell away his car. He accepts a 250-day note of RM9000 at 10% simple interest as payment. After 90 days, he realises he needs money and sells the note to a friend for RM9100. What annual interest rate will his friend receive?

Including explanation please, I've been struggling to solve this but I really dont know how :(:(
Please reply showing your thoughts and efforts so far, so we can see what you're doing and where you're getting stuck. For instance, you started by finding the ending value of the original 250-day note, and... then what?

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)