Thread: Need help with 11 Algebra 2 problems

Question Need help with 11 Algebra 2 problems

Hello everyone.

Attached are 2 IMG_0218.jpgIMG_0219.jpgpictures of the math i need help on. I already have the answers. What I need are the steps/work. If you could post a picture with your steps written on paper that would be much appreciated. Even if you only know a few, anything helps.
    thank you,
    Peyton

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peytonsharp View Post
    Hello everyone.

Attached are 2 IMG_0218.jpgIMG_0219.jpgpictures of the math i need help on. I already have the answers. What I need are the steps/work. If you could post a picture with your steps written on paper that would be much appreciated. Even if you only know a few, anything helps.
    thank you,
    Peyton
    First, post the pictures in portrait orientation (90° turn).

Second, include your work/thought so that we know where to begin to help you.
    “... mathematics is only the art of saying the same thing in different words” - B. Russell

We prefer separate threads for separate exercises. Also, when people don't show where they're stuck, it's difficult to know where to tutor.

Please read about other forum guidelines HERE. Thank you.
    "English is the most ambiguous language in the world." ~ Yours Truly, 1969

Post dont understand

Quote Originally Posted by Subhotosh Khan View Post
    First, post the pictures in portrait orientation (90° turn).

Second, include your work/thought so that we know where to begin to help you.
    IMG_0291.jpg
    On number 5, I'm not sure how to start. What should i do for the first step? this is where you can begin to help me.

Quote Originally Posted by peytonsharp View Post
    IMG_0291.jpg
    On number 5, I'm not sure how to start. What should i do for the first step?
    I would start by drawing a rough sketch of the angle and labeling the given information. From there, you can draw a representative right-triangle, and label the legs using the signed values -1 and -3. Next, you need to calculate the length of this triangle's hypotenuse.

Once you have all three sides of the right-triangle, you can write each of the six trigonometric functions of theta, by using the Right-Triangle Definition for each.

Have you learned the Right-Triangle Definitions for trig functions? They look like this:

sin(θ) = Opposite/Hypotenuse

sec(θ) = Hypotenuse/Opposite

cot(θ) = Adjacent/Opposite

et cetera … they are listed in your textbook.

If you need more help with this exercise, please post your work so far. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "English is the most ambiguous language in the world." ~ Yours Truly, 1969