Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Need help with 11 Algebra 2 problems

  1. #1

    Question Need help with 11 Algebra 2 problems

    Hello everyone.


    Attached are 2 IMG_0218.jpgIMG_0219.jpgpictures of the math i need help on. I already have the answers. What I need are the steps/work. If you could post a picture with your steps written on paper that would be much appreciated. Even if you only know a few, anything helps.
    thank you,
    Peyton

  2. #2
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,784
    Quote Originally Posted by peytonsharp View Post
    Hello everyone.


    Attached are 2 IMG_0218.jpgIMG_0219.jpgpictures of the math i need help on. I already have the answers. What I need are the steps/work. If you could post a picture with your steps written on paper that would be much appreciated. Even if you only know a few, anything helps.
    thank you,
    Peyton
    First, post the pictures in portrait orientation (90° turn).

    Second, include your work/thought so that we know where to begin to help you.
    “... mathematics is only the art of saying the same thing in different words” - B. Russell

  3. #3
    Elite Member mmm4444bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    AZ, Seattle, San Diego
    Posts
    9,839
    We prefer separate threads for separate exercises. Also, when people don't show where they're stuck, it's difficult to know where to tutor.

    Please read about other forum guidelines HERE. Thank you.
    "English is the most ambiguous language in the world." ~ Yours Truly, 1969

  4. #4

    Post dont understand

    Quote Originally Posted by Subhotosh Khan View Post
    First, post the pictures in portrait orientation (90° turn).

    Second, include your work/thought so that we know where to begin to help you.
    IMG_0291.jpg
    On number 5, I'm not sure how to start. What should i do for the first step? this is where you can begin to help me.

  5. #5
    Elite Member mmm4444bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    AZ, Seattle, San Diego
    Posts
    9,839
    Quote Originally Posted by peytonsharp View Post
    IMG_0291.jpg
    On number 5, I'm not sure how to start. What should i do for the first step?
    I would start by drawing a rough sketch of the angle and labeling the given information. From there, you can draw a representative right-triangle, and label the legs using the signed values -1 and -3. Next, you need to calculate the length of this triangle's hypotenuse.

    Once you have all three sides of the right-triangle, you can write each of the six trigonometric functions of theta, by using the Right-Triangle Definition for each.

    Have you learned the Right-Triangle Definitions for trig functions? They look like this:

    sin(θ) = Opposite/Hypotenuse

    sec(θ) = Hypotenuse/Opposite

    cot(θ) = Adjacent/Opposite

    et cetera … they are listed in your textbook.

    If you need more help with this exercise, please post your work so far. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "English is the most ambiguous language in the world." ~ Yours Truly, 1969

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •