Need help with 11 Algebra 2 problems

peytonsharp

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Hello everyone.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Attached are 2 [/FONT]IMG_0218.jpgIMG_0219.jpg[FONT=.SFUIText]pictures of the math i need help on. I already have the answers. What I need are the steps/work. If you could post a picture with your steps written on paper that would be much appreciated. Even if you only know a few, anything helps.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]thank you,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Peyton[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Hello everyone.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Attached are 2 [/FONT]View attachment 8167View attachment 8168[FONT=.SFUIText]pictures of the math i need help on. I already have the answers. What I need are the steps/work. If you could post a picture with your steps written on paper that would be much appreciated. Even if you only know a few, anything helps.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]thank you,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Peyton[/FONT][/FONT]
First, post the pictures in portrait orientation (90° turn).

Second, include your work/thought so that we know where to begin to help you.

We prefer separate threads for separate exercises. Also, when people don't show where they're stuck, it's difficult to know where to tutor.

Please read about other forum guidelines HERE. Thank you. :cool:

dont understand

First, post the pictures in portrait orientation (90° turn).

Second, include your work/thought so that we know where to begin to help you.

IMG_0291.jpg
On number 5, I'm not sure how to start. What should i do for the first step? this is where you can begin to help me.

View attachment 8175
On number 5, I'm not sure how to start. What should i do for the first step?
I would start by drawing a rough sketch of the angle and labeling the given information. From there, you can draw a representative right-triangle, and label the legs using the signed values -1 and -3. Next, you need to calculate the length of this triangle's hypotenuse.

Once you have all three sides of the right-triangle, you can write each of the six trigonometric functions of theta, by using the Right-Triangle Definition for each.

Have you learned the Right-Triangle Definitions for trig functions? They look like this:

sin(θ) = Opposite/Hypotenuse

sec(θ) = Hypotenuse/Opposite

cot(θ) = Adjacent/Opposite

et cetera … they are listed in your textbook. :cool:

If you need more help with this exercise, please post your work so far. Thank you.

Attachments

• BTrig.jpg
    BTrig.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 1