Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: LaTex Bleeds

  1. #1
    Elite Member mmm4444bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8,853

    LaTex Bleeds

    To render LaTex expressions, this site uses a third party (MathJax).

    For us, long LaTex expressions do not wrap to a second line. Instead, they bleed off the right edge of the post.

    The Preview Post button allows us to see how our post will appear. If a LaTex expression bleeds off your post, you will need to manually break the expression into multiple lines.

    PS: "Bleed" is a term from the typesetting and printing industries.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "English is the most ambiguous language in the world." ~ Yours Truly, 1969

  2. #2
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,016
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm4444bot View Post
    To render LaTex expressions, this site uses a third party (MathJax).

    For us, long LaTex expressions do not wrap to a second line. Instead, they bleed off the right edge of the post.

    The Preview Post button allows us to see how our post will appear. If a LaTex expression bleeds off your post, you will need to manually break the expression into multiple lines.

    PS: "Bleed" is a term from the typesetting and printing industries.
    It is not a strictly "Medical Term"?!!

    In my opinion, it should always written with RED ink!!
    “... mathematics is only the art of saying the same thing in different words” - B. Russell

  3. #3
    Elite Member mmm4444bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Subhotosh Khan View Post
    In my opinion, it should always written with RED ink!!
    Gosh, that seems like anthropomorphism. What if, during the course of all that time traveling, Mr. Spock happens to drop in?
    "English is the most ambiguous language in the world." ~ Yours Truly, 1969

  4. #4
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,016
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm4444bot View Post
    Gosh, that seems like anthropomorphism. What if, during the course of all that time traveling, Mr. Spock happens to drop in?
    “... mathematics is only the art of saying the same thing in different words” - B. Russell

  5. #5
    Elite Member mmm4444bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8,853
    Quote Originally Posted by stapel View Post
    Who is he? Where did he post...
    stapel has purple blood
    "English is the most ambiguous language in the world." ~ Yours Truly, 1969

  6. #6
    Elite Member stapel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    15,441

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by mmm4444bot View Post
    stapel has purple blood
    ...and I'm considering purple hair, if only because my twenty-year-old son would be sooooo embarrassed!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •