Which is the correct calculation? "$160 is inherited by two siblings A and B..."

Bailie

Which is the correct calculation? "$160 is inherited by two siblings A and B..."

Hi, I have a small predicament in arriving at the correct way to calculate the following and arrive at the right share between each of two siblings:

$160 is inherited by two siblings A and B, it is to be divided evenly between the two siblings after taking into account the following:

Before the deceased died, the deceased owed Sibling A $25 and it is right and proper that Sibling A receive this amount - in addition to its share of the inheritance. But how much should each sibling receive?

$160/2 = $80 + $25 = $105 for Sibling A and the remaining $55 for Sibling B?

Or,

$160-$25 = $135 divided by two = $67.5 for each sibling. Giving Sibling A $92.5 (i.e. $67.5 + $25 = $92.5) and Sibling B $67.5

I'm sure it must be straightforward but it leaves me in a bit of a quandary. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi, I have a small predicament in arriving at the correct way to calculate the following and arrive at the right share between each of two siblings:

$160 is inherited by two siblings A and B, it is to be divided evenly between the two siblings after taking into account the following:

Before the deceased died, the deceased owed Sibling A $25 and it is right and proper that Sibling A receive this amount - in addition to its share of the inheritance. But how much should each sibling receive?

$160/2 = $80 + $25 = $105 for Sibling A and the remaining $55 for Sibling B?

Or,

$160-$25 = $135 divided by two = $67.5 for each sibling. Giving Sibling A $92.5 (i.e. $67.5 + $25 = $92.5) and Sibling B $67.5

I'm sure it must be straightforward but it leaves me in a bit of a quandary. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
With the information given the second method is correct.

Thank you

Thank you very much Subhotosh for your quick response. The first calculation seemed plausible to me too - can you say why it would be wrong?