% question: service ratings rec'vd: Overall % rated at 4.85 out of possible 5.00

RWEN60

I hope I'm asking this in proper forum. I have been out of school many years so forgive my ignorance. My question is as follows: I have the following known info based on service ratings rec'vd.
Overall % rated at 4.85 out of possible 5.00
13 total rated services 12 of which were rated at max 5.00
Question: what was the rating for the 13th service?

I hope I'm asking this in proper forum. I have been out of school many years so forgive my ignorance. My question is as follows: I have the following known info based on service ratings rec'vd.
What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33

?

I don't have any idea how to even begin to solve this which is why I searched for a math help site. I thought that was the purpose?? I don't have a clue as to how to arrive at the answer.

Okay ... I'll start you off...

Please calculate:

total points received = 4.85 * 13 = 63.05 → probable total points received = 63 ............ edited

Now ... think again....

Last edited by a moderator:
?

Confused ? When I calculate 4.85 * 13 I get 63.05 (not 53) which I assume you rounded to 63. Where does the 53 come from?
So the remaining unk is the score for that 1 out of 13 that wasn't scored a 5.00. So do I calculate 4.85 * 1 which = 4.85? Still lost here

Confused ? When I calculate 4.85 * 13 I get 63.05 (not 53) which I assume you rounded to 63. Where does the 53 come from?
So the remaining unk is the score for that 1 out of 13 that wasn't scored a 5.00. So do I calculate 4.85 * 1 which = 4.85? Still lost here
That was a typo - fixed it....

So you got total 63 points from 13 respondents.

You scored 5 points from each of the 12 respondents.

How many total points (from 12) is that ?

?

Ok if 13 * 4.85 = 63.05 or 63 then
If I calculate the highest possible score
Which would be 13*5.00 = 65 then subtract
65-63 =2 . So is the answer "2"

Ok if 13 * 4.85 = 63.05 or 63 then
If I calculate the highest possible score
Which would be 13*5.00 = 65 then subtract
65-63 =2 . So is the answer "2"...... Incorrect

You did not answer my question!!!

You scored 5 points from each of the 12 respondents.

How many total points (from 12) is that ?

Okay, great. Now earlier you calculated that the total number of rating points is 63. If 60 of those are accounted for by the 12 "five voters", what must the 13th person have rated the service?

Okay, great. Now earlier you calculated that the total number of rating points is 63. If 60 of those are accounted for by the 12 "five voters", what must the 13th person have rated the service?
The answer is a 3.00. Thanks I learned something. Appreciate it.