ten-sided die: try to get number 3 on a number 1-10 dice would be 10% chance...

Meech

Hey!! I'm a kid who is in year 7, the past few weeks i've been very sick and need to catch up on my homework. I'm stupid and need these probability answers answered, make sure it's a different scenario everytime. For example try to get number 3 on a number 1-10 dice would be 10% chance.

What scenario would have a 20% chance to happen?

What scenario would have a 30% chance to happen?

What scenario would have a 40% chance to happen?

What scenario would have a 60% chance to happen?

What scenario would have a 70% chance to happen?

What scenario would have a 80% chance to happen?

What scenario would have a 90% chance to happen?

REMEMBER.
A different scenario each time.
Thanks, Regards
Samuel.

1) Who told you that you are stupid?
2) Why did you believe them?
3) You have the "3" from "10" idea just fine. What are the scenarios and how do you approach the identification?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!! I'm a kid who is in year 7, the past few weeks i've been very sick and need to catch up on my homework. I'm stupid and need these probability answers answered, make sure it's a different scenario everytime.
Um... This kinda sounds like you're expecting us to do the assignment for you...? That's now how this site works. Sorry.

(If you want to use one of those kind of sites, it would be wise to use a credit card with a very low limit, as many ["most"?] of said sites are scammers, obviously.)

For example try to get number 3 on a number 1-10 dice would be 10% chance.
Why? Do you know?

What other type of roll would have the same ten-percent probability of occurring? (Hint: There are nine other types of rolls.)

What scenario would have a 20% chance to happen?
A "20% chance" of happening is a one-in-five chance of happening. Can you think of a way of defining the numbers "1" through "10" so that there are five classes of numbers, with an equal number of values in each class and thus an equal one-fifth chance of occurring?

What scenario would have a 30% chance to happen?

What scenario would have a 40% chance to happen?

What scenario would have a 60% chance to happen?

What scenario would have a 70% chance to happen?

What scenario would have a 80% chance to happen?

What scenario would have a 90% chance to happen?
Can you guess why they skipped "50% chance"? (Maybe because, with "odds" and "evens", it was "too easy"?) Can you guess why they omitted "100% chance"? (Maybe because the only option would be "any number at all shows up", which is always going to happen!)

REMEMBER.
A different scenario each time.
Yes, indeed! So what have you got so far? Thank you! ;)