hoffman-singleton game

phillip1882

http://www.mathpuzzle.com/MAA/29-HoffmanSingleton/mathgames_11_01_04.html

this website describes a nice set of cards that i would like to use to make a game similar to magic the gathering.

here's my idea. each side gets all 50 cards at the start in a draw pile. they start by drawing 7 cards. the fano cards act as land cards, and the triads act as minions.
you play one card per turn either a fano or triad. you can only play a triad if its represented on a played fano.
a triad can be leveled up by being represented by more than 1 fano, up to level 3.
a triad can only attack another triad if they share no same color. on an attack, the highest level wins. if two triads are the same level, then
the one that wins is the one which one of three colors is closer to the missing color in the following order
blue -> cyan-> green-> grey-> orange-> purple-> yellow-> blue...

for example blue grey orange versus cyan purple yellow the missing color is green, cyan is the closest, so, cyan purple yellow win.
if you cant play a card on a turn, you discard 1 card and draw another. you may play the drawn card if it within rules above.
once a player has no minions (triads) left, the other player wins.

what i need is play testers. try the game and tell me how balanced the game is.

...a nice set of cards that i would like to use to make a game similar to magic the gathering...

what i need is play testers. try the game and tell me how balanced the game is.
You might want to hire testers through Mechanical Turk, or some similar service. Good luck with your product development! ;)