30 math questions: solve them with details

alsh3lan

Hi Everyone,

i need you help for below questions, i'm a beginner in math and i want to solve below questions with details without calculator, i really need someone to solve them with details, so i can study the solution and understand how to solve similar questions:confused:.

thanks in advance

1- if a customer deposits with us 30,000 for 30 days at 3% per annum. How much interest he will earn?

2- if a customer deposits with us 20,000 for 30 days at 2% per annum. How much interest he will earn?

3- a man lost 1/12 of the money he had in his wallet. the amount he lost was 600. How much money was in is wallet?

4- A car is traveling from DC to FL at speed of 100 km per hour. Another Car starts moving from FL to DC at the same time at 150 km per hour. if the distance between DC and FL is 1,000 km, after how many hours the 2 cars will meet?

5- A customer paid us fees of $700. this was equivalent to 0.02 of the transaction amount. Calculate the transaction amount?

6- A person was distributing some money to poor people. He gave one of them 1/8 of the money which was equal to 160. How much money was the man distributing?

7- the bank charged the customer fees of $400. this was equivalent to 1/20 of the transaction amount. Calculate the transaction amount?

8- A plane is traveling at a speed of 500 km/hour. the plane stops for 30 minutes every 2 hours. How long will it take to cover 2000 km?

9- A Customer wanted to buy euro 15,000 against AED. 1 Euro= AED 4.850. How many AED the customer has to pay?

10- A customer deposited $ 50,000 for 3 month. the bank paid him $ 1,000 interest. What was the interest rate?

11- 10 pencils and 3 books cost $ 20. if each book costs $ 0.03, how much will 20 pencils cost?

12- John and i are 3 meters together, john is 1 times as tall as Iam. how tall is john?

13- A man is 1 meter tall. His shadow is 10 meters. His friend is 2 meters tall. How long is the shadow of his friend?

14. A customer deposited in the bank $ 120,000 for 100 days at 3% per annum. How much he would earn?

15- A man distributed his wealth as follows:

* Gave 1/12 to his mother
* gave 1/5 to his wife
* Gave 9/12 to his son
How much % percent he distributed to the three?

16- A man decide to distribute all his wealth to his children equally. He Says he will give 3/12 of his wealth to everyone of his children. How many children the man has?

17- Find the missing number: 6, 18, 54, 162,......
18- find the missing number 9, 36, 144,....

19- Calculate (x) in the following: a) x/9 = 30/45 b) x/12 = 21/36

20- A car is traveling at a speed of 150 km/hour. the driver rest for 1 hour every 2 hours. how long will it take him to cover 500 km?

22- i exercise 4 times a week by walking. My speed is 5 km/hr. if i walk each time for 21 minutes. how many km's i walk per week?

23- 5 apples and 3 oranges cost $ 9. if each apple cost $ 0.06 how much will 10 oranges cost?

24- if I add john and my tallness, we are together 3 meters. John is twice as tall as me. Adam is half as tall as john. How tall is Adam?

25- a person gets 20%, 60%, 70%, and 90% in tests. One test is remaining. How much does he need to get in order to pass? The passing mark is 70%. All carry same weight.

29- Calculate: A) 3 3/4 - 2 3/5 b) 6 1/4 - 7 3/7

30- A customer wanted to buy SF against $. If the Dollar is SF 2.100. How many dollars does he has to gave us for SF 42,000?

Question #16 requires one arithmetic step: reduce the given ratio (3/12) to lowest terms.

Do you know how to do that? :cool:

I'm a beginner that's why I want to know the answers so I can practice, I have tried to solve some of them, I'm now stuck question 8, please help me to solve it in details

thank you in advance

We realize you are a beginning. That's why you were directed to the Forum "Read Before Posting". Please show YOUR work. Practice out loud.

I'm a beginner that's why I want to know the answers so I can practice, I have tried to solve some of them, I'm now stuck question 8, please help me to solve it in details

thank you in advance
So you are stuck here:

8- A plane is traveling at a speed of 500 km/hour. the plane stops for 30 minutes every 2 hours. How long will it take to cover 2000 km?8- A plane is traveling at a speed of 500 km/hour. the plane stops for 30 minutes every 2 hours. How long will it take to cover 2000 km?

How long would it take to fly 2000 km at 500 km/hr - WITHOUT any break?

it will take 4 hours

dis = 4H * 500
Dis = 2000 KM.

stop 30M every two Hours = 30+30 60 = 1 Hour

if I'm not wrong It will take 5 Hours to Cover 2000 KM

Please advice

it will take 4 hours

dis = 4 H * 500 KM/H
Dis = 2000 KM.

stop 30M every two Hours = 30+30 = 60 = 1 Hour

if I'm not wrong It will take 5 Hours to Cover 2000 KM

Please advice
I think the plane stops only once (halfway through the 2000 km trip). :cool:

4H - 30M = 4H - 0.5H = [3.5H]

So we need 30 min ?!
If you're asking whether we need to add only 30 min to the flying time, then the answer to your question is, "Yes".

The plane makes only one stop, during the 2000 km trip. Once the plane has traveled 2000 km, that trip is over. There's no reason to add a second 30 min, after the trip has ended.

I'm not sure why you subtracted a half hour from the flying time, above. We need to add a half hour.

Answer will be: 4 hour or 4.5 … hour
The flying time is 4 hours.

The stop takes 0.5 hour.

The total time is 4 + 0.5 = 4.5 hours. :cool:

Last edited:
i need you help for below questions, i'm a beginner in math and i want to solve below questions with details without calculator, i really need someone to solve them with details, so i can study the solution and understand how to solve similar questions:confused:.
You already have loads of worked examples in your textbook, your class notes, and the various online lessons you've no doubt studied in your efforts to learn. Us doing your homework set ("with details", so you can get full credit for showing "your" work) obviously won't help much with learning. Now is the time to do.

1- if a customer deposits with us 30,000 for 30 days at 3% per annum. How much interest he will earn?

2- if a customer deposits with us 20,000 for 30 days at 2% per annum. How much interest he will earn?
They gave you a formula for this. How far have you gotten in plugging the given info into the given formula? Where are you stuck?

3- a man lost 1/12 of the money he had in his wallet. the amount he lost was 600. How much money was in is wallet?
This is grammar-school arithmetic. They've given you an amount. They've told you that this was one part of twelve. They've asked you for the amount of the whole. (Hint: Multiply.)

4- A car is traveling from DC to FL at speed of 100 km per hour. Another Car starts moving from FL to DC at the same time at 150 km per hour. if the distance between DC and FL is 1,000 km, after how many hours the 2 cars will meet?
What is their net speed (that is, the speed at which the distance is closing)? How long will it take to cover the given distance at that speed? (Hint: Divide.)

5- A customer paid us fees of $700. this was equivalent to 0.02 of the transaction amount. Calculate the transaction amount?
Translate into algebra the given English: (this amount) was (0.02) of (the total)

Solve the one-step equation for the variable.

6- A person was distributing some money to poor people. He gave one of them 1/8 of the money which was equal to 160. How much money was the man distributing?

7- the bank charged the customer fees of $400. this was equivalent to 1/20 of the transaction amount. Calculate the transaction amount?
These work exactly like (3) above.

8- A plane is traveling at a speed of 500 km/hour. the plane stops for 30 minutes every 2 hours. How long will it take to cover 2000 km?
How far does the plane go in the first two hours? Add 1/2 hour. How far does the plane go in the next two hours? Add 1/2 hour. Continue until the plane has covered the entire distance.

9- A Customer wanted to buy euro 15,000 against AED. 1 Euro= AED 4.850. How many AED the customer has to pay?
What does your book mean by "buying a currency 'against'" something? What is "AED"?

10- A customer deposited $ 50,000 for 3 month. the bank paid him $ 1,000 interest. What was the interest rate?
They gave you a formula for this. Plug the given info into the given formula, and solve for the interest rate r.

11- 10 pencils and 3 books cost $ 20. if each book costs $ 0.03, how much will 20 pencils cost?
You might want to check this; the cost for the books is almost certainly incorrect.

In any case, you've been told the total; you've been told the per-book cost; from this, you can figure out how much was spent on pencils. (Hint: Multiply; then subtract.) Then figure out how much each pencil cost. (Hint: Divide.) Then you can figure out how much twenty pencils would cost. (Hint: Multiply.)

12- John and i are 3 meters together, john is 1 times as tall as Iam. how tall is john?
If he is "one times as tall as" you are, then he's the same height. (Hint: Divide.)

13- A man is 1 meter tall. His shadow is 10 meters. His friend is 2 meters tall. How long is the shadow of his friend?
Set up the similar-triangles proportion, and solve.

14. A customer deposited in the bank $ 120,000 for 100 days at 3% per annum. How much he would earn?
This one works like (1) and (2) above.

15- A man distributed his wealth as follows:

* Gave 1/12 to his mother
* gave 1/5 to his wife
* Gave 9/12 to his son
How much % percent he distributed to the three?
You've been given three fractions, and have been asked to find the total represented by those three fractions. (Hint: Add.)

16- A man decide to distribute all his wealth to his children equally. He Says he will give 3/12 of his wealth to everyone of his children. How many children the man has?
Where are you stuck on figuring out how many times 3/12 of the total goes into 1 of the total?

17- Find the missing number: 6, 18, 54, 162,......
18- find the missing number 9, 36, 144,....
What have you tried? Where are you stuck?

19- Calculate (x) in the following: a) x/9 = 30/45 b) x/12 = 21/36
You multiplied through to clear the left-hand side denominators, and... then what? Where are you stuck on these one-step equations?

20- A car is traveling at a speed of 150 km/hour. the driver rest for 1 hour every 2 hours. how long will it take him to cover 500 km?
This one works just like (8) above.

22- i exercise 4 times a week by walking. My speed is 5 km/hr. if i walk each time for 21 minutes. how many km's i walk per week?
You are given a rate and a time; where are you stuck on figuring out the distance? You are given a number of times that distance is covered in a week. Where are you stuck in the multiplication?

23- 5 apples and 3 oranges cost $ 9. if each apple cost $ 0.06 how much will 10 oranges cost?
Same comments on this one as for (11) above.

24- if I add john and my tallness, we are together 3 meters. John is twice as tall as me. Adam is half as tall as john. How tall is Adam?
You and John together are 3 meters. John is twice your height. How tall then is John? (If you're not sure, draw a picture.) Then how tall is Adam? (Hint: Divide.)

25- a person gets 20%, 60%, 70%, and 90% in tests. One test is remaining. How much does he need to get in order to pass? The passing mark is 70%. All carry same weight.
You are given four values. You are told what the average of five values should be; from this, you can determine what the ending total should be. Where are you stuck in the subtraction?

29- Calculate: A) 3 3/4 - 2 3/5 b) 6 1/4 - 7 3/7
These are grammar-school fractions. Where are you stuck in the subtractions?

0- A car is traveling at a speed of 150 km/hour. the driver rest for 1 hour every 2 h

thanks,

anyone can solve this question in details:
A car is traveling at a speed of 150 km/hour. the driver rest for 1 hour every 2hour. how long will it take him to cover 500 km.

I tried many times with no luck, please help me

thanks,

A car is traveling at a speed of 150 km/hour. the driver rest for 1 hour every 2hour. how long will it take him to cover 500 km.

Try the same way as question #8 (which you have solved) - and show us work.

Yes, we could. But, as has been explained, that isn't how this site works.

Okay. This exact sort of exercise has already been explained to you elsewhere, and you've already been provided a solution. Please reply showing what you did differently here, that didn't end up with a solution. Thank you! ;)