lake on a map 1:75000 size of 2.5cm; what is scale if lake is 4.1cm ?

dndn1998

Hi guys! This is the problem: if there is a lake on a map 1:75000 size of 2.5cm, what is the scale of the map if there is a lake size of 4.1cm. Tnx

p.s. sorry if its wrong section, English is not my first language and i'm not sure where should i put this problem :)

Hi guys! This is the problem: if there is a lake on a map 1:75000 size of 2.5cm, what is the scale of the map if there is a lake size of 4.1cm. Tnx

p.s. sorry if its wrong section, English is not my first language and i'm not sure where should i put this problem :)
what are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33

:)

im thinking like this.

2.5*75000=187500

then 187500:4.1=45731

Answer 1:45731

:)

im thinking like this.

2.5*75000=187500

then 187500:4.1=45731

Answer 1:45731
Correct - assuming we are talking about representation of the same lake at two different maps.

The answer the book could be looking for is 46000 - rounding the answer to two significant digits.

Correct - assuming we are talking about representation of the same lake at two different maps.

The answer the book could be looking for is 46000 - rounding the answer to two significant digits.

Ty Ty :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is a lake on a map 1:75000 size of 2.5cm, what is the scale of the map if there is a lake size of 4.1cm.
This question isn't making sense. The first part of the question gives you the scale, being "1 to 75,000"; and it tells you the size of the lake on the map, being 2.5 centimeters. So either the second size of the lake is wrong, or else the given scale didn't come from this question.

Would it be possible to provide the text of the exercise in the original language, plus tell us what language it is? Or are you sure that you discarded the correct piece of information (namely, the specified scaling factor)? Thank you! ;)